Nottingham City Transport will reduce its service to core routes only from Wednesday 25th March 2020.
This network will focus on getting as many key workers to their jobs as possible and providing access to essential shops and services for those without cars.
The same timetable will operate on every day of the week, with a basic 30-minute daytime service on most routes. An hourly early morning and evening service will also operate on most of these routes.
Timetables are available online at www.nctx.co.uk and a printed version is in production, which will be posted out on request by calling 0115 950 60 70 or emailing email@example.com Bus stops will also be updated as soon as possible.
The routes that will operate are:
· South Notts 1 – Nottingham, Wilford Lane, Clifton Lane, Gotham, East Leake and Loughborough This route will be exact fare only, no change from the driver. An hourly daytime service will run.
· Green 6 – City, West Bridgford and Edwalton
· Green 10 – City, Loughborough Road, Wilford Hill and Ruddington
· Brown 17 – City, Hucknall Road, City Hospital and Bulwell
· Pathfinder 26 – Nottingham, Gedling, Burton Joyce, Lowdham and Southwell This route will be exact fare only, no change from the driver. An hourly daytime service will run.
· Lilac 27 – City and Carlton
· Pink 28 – City, Ilkeston Road, Beechdale and Bilborough
· Orange 35/A – City, Derby Road, QMC and Wollaton Vale
· Orange 36 – City, Derby Road, QMC, Beeston and Chilwell
· Blue 39 – City, Thorneywood Mount and Carlton Valley
· Blue 41 – City and St Ann’s
· Red 43 – City, Sneinton Dale and Bakersfield
· Red 44 – City, Sneinton Hermitage, Colwick, Netherfield and Gedling
· Sky Blue 45 – City, Mapperley and Gedling
· Navy 49X – City, Queens Drive and Boots Beeston This route will be exact fare only, no change from the driver. An hourly daytime service will run.
· Lime 58 – City, Sherwood and Arnold
· Yellow 68, 69 – City, Sherwood Rise, Basford, Bulwell and Snape Wood
· Turquoise 77 – City, Alfreton Road, Aspley Lane and Strelley
· Turquoise 79/B – City, Alfreton Road, Nuthall Road, Broxtowe and Bulwell
· Purple 89 – City, Sherwood, City Hospital, Bestwood Park and Rise Park
Fares and Tickets…
The planned fare changes from Sunday 29th March 2020 have been postponed.
All buses will operate as an exact fare service, with no change available from the driver on the 1, 26 or 49X.
The Travel Centre Shop will be closed from 16:30 on Tuesday 24th March 2020, but topping up by phone (0115 950 60 70) and online is available. When topping up, customers should allow three working days for the travel to reach their card.
Customers are encouraged to use their existing smart card or the NCTX Buses app, where we are adding 7 and 31 consecutive day tickets alongside the existing individual day ticket options.
Current government guidance is to avoid travelling unless it is essential and to practice social distancing. Concessionary travel remains available for essential travel before 09:30 on weekdays.
Grouprider and Network Grouprider prices will remain unchanged and we are not reducing the price before 09:30 on weekdays as this could encourage people to travel, which goes against government advice.
David Astill, NCT Commercial and Operations Director said, “It is very clear that people must stay at home unless it is for essential travel, as outlined by the Prime Minister last night. There has already been a significant fall in bus use in the last few weeks as people started working from home and universities, schools and colleges closed. This latest announcement on not leaving home except for limited reasons will further reduce use of our services and we have to curtail what we provide to reflect that. All NCT employees have done an excellent job in these difficult times and we thank them for their commitment and continued support”.
Nottingham City Transport’s Call Centre will remain open between 09:00 and 17:00 on Mondays to Saturdays to handle customer queries, with information also available in the NCTX Buses app, online at nctx.co.uk and through NCT’s social media channels – @NCT_Buses on Twitter and Facebook.com/nottinghamcitytransport