The A1 in Nottinghamshire is closed northbound between the A57 (Worksop) and A620 (Retford) junctions due to a traffic collision and diesel spillage. Nottinghamshire Police are on scene, and teams from Highways England will also attend.
Traffic is being diverted via the ‘Solid Circle’ symbol:-
– At the A57 (Apleyhead) junction take the second exit onto the A57
– Continue for 13 miles, to the junction with M1 J31
– At the junction, take the third exit onto the M1 northbound
– Continue for 1 mile to the M18 interchange (J32)
– Bear left onto the M18 (signed Hull, Doncaster, Rotherham)
– Continue on the M18 for just under 9 miles, to J2 (A1M)
– At the roundabout, take the first exit to rejoin the A1M northbound at J35
This diversion will add around 30 minutes to normal travel time, in addition to any delays on approach to the closure, so please allow additional journey time.