Sunday 25 February 2024
5.2 C

Man jailed after firing gun into the air and threatening a woman

A man has been sent to prison after a fight involving firearms.

Jordan Bradshaw was seen with a gun as the disorder broke out between Oak Drive and Woodland Way, Eastwood.

Police were called after a group were seen arguing and witnesses saw Bradshaw point the gun in the air and fire shots. He then pointed the gun at a woman and made threats to her before firing his weapon into the air a second time.

He then made his way out of the area and shortly after the incident, specially trained officers were on scene.

Forensics searched the nearby car parks, where they found one spent bullet casing and another round which had not been fired and was found to be blanks.

- Advertisement -

Officers conducted a series of enquiries, including mobile phone footage which helped officers identify Bradshaw as the man in possession of the gun. After he was identified as the offender, a warrant was conducted in Vickers Street, Worksop and he was arrested. He was subsequently charged with possessing an imitation firearm in relation to the incident on Monday 23 August 2021.

Appearing at Nottingham Crown Court on Friday (17 December 2021), 27-year-old Bradshaw, of no fixed address, was sentenced to two years in prison.

Detective Inspector Mike Ebbins, from Nottinghamshire Police, said: “All reports relating to firearms offences are met with an immediate and robust response.

“This is something we treat extremely seriously which is evident here with the tenacious work of our officers who acted quickly in identify Bradshaw and bringing him in to justice.

“Hearing the sound of the discharge undoubtedly would have alarmed those nearby and no-one should have to live in fear of violence and we will not tolerate the use of such weapons on our streets.

“Bradshaw will now spend two years behind bars thanks to his actions and we hope this result serves as a warning of the consequences of such actions. We will always look to take firm action against anyone suspected of committing such offences.

“I want to thank the team of Detectives who worked tirelessly to build up the evidence and bring this matter to court. It was a fantastic investigation and indicative of their drive to keep the public safe.”

Follow The Wire on TikTok, Facebook, X, Instagram. Send your story to or via WhatsApp on 0115 772 0418